Old October 24th 11, 05:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
John Davis John Davis is offline

Default Power supply noise reduction techniques.

On 10/10/2011 4:14 PM, Bruce Gordon wrote:

I use a pair of L16HDs in series to power my shacks 12Vdc Buss. They

are feed by a Numar 35Amp Regulated Power Supply, that is set for

13.4Vdc. The Power Supply floats the batteries at 13.4 Vdc

If you are floating batteries you should consider a proper 3-stage
converter/charger.. http://www.bestconverters.com is a good source of
those.. he specializes in RV converters. (By the way I have no
connection with him)

My Motor home has a Progressive Dynamics 9180 with optional charge
wizard. This is on the large size for a pair of GC-2 Golf car type
batteries in series... but man does it do a good job. a 8260 would be a
better choice for these batteries (one pair)

It has 3 charge voltages depending on teh battery voltage it either
limits current, limits voltage, or limits both.

--
Nothing adds Excitement like something that is none of your business.

-----