Old October 24th 11, 05:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
John Davis John Davis is offline

Default HOA and CC&R agreements.

On 10/15/2011 1:11 AM, Phil Kane wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:21:06 EDT, Bill
wrote:

1. CC&R's or other homeowner agreements may or may not obligate
homeowner to avoid erecting separate antenna structures, but you don't
know that they specifically prohibit the use of concealed antennas for
amateur radio.

FCC rulings in several cases have held that HOA regulations or CC&Rs
can prohibit erection of antennas on property that they have
jurisdiction over, but only the FCC can determine who and where radio
transmitters can be operated.
-- 73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
ARRL Volunteer Counsel

email: k2asp [at] arrl [dot] net

But unless the HOA or CC*R are made clear at time of purchase.. I mean
when I bought my house they gave me a pile of papers.. I'm not a
lwayer,, How do I ,now of there were any "restrictions" beyond city
ordinances and state law? (Actually... I did read them rather closely,
no restrictions)

But I also do my own taxes, Understand IBM owner's manuals and other
things that are not supposed to be possible for people at my level of
education.

--
Nothing adds Excitement like something that is none of your business.

-----