Old May 1st 04, 10:11 PM
Ken Scharf

xpyttl wrote:
"Michael Black" wrote in message

Because someone did write about their experiences years back, at
least I think they had had success with those CDROMs under Linux.
I've been meaning to go digging to try to find the post or posts,
because now that I have a computer with a CDROM drive, obviously
those QSTs on CDROM become tempting. And I've never had Windows
running here.

The newer ARRL Periodicals CDs are all PDF files. There is one PDF per
issue so it's pretty handy compared to a tiff file per page. I stuffed it
into my Fedora box an read it with no problem.

..

Those CD's are the ones for a single year. AFAIK they have always been
pdf format. The multi year cd's are of the tiff/jpg image kind, with
a windows search engine.