Old October 25th 11, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default HOA and CC&R agreements.

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:39:32 EDT, (Dave Platt)
wrote:

We no longer are a significant carrier of health and welfare traffic.

Or a backup for public safety or other "commercial" communications.

I think that depends, to a very significant degree, on how well
organized and trained we are, and how well integrated with the local
emergency-response community.

I walk on both sides of the street on that one.

As an active member of the local ARES/RACES group, we are well
integrated with the state, county, city, and special district
governmental agencies and we train seriously for that purpose. I
personally am the co-station manager for the Disaster Communications
Team of the local med center, part of a group of NGO hospitals serving
this area.

Conversely, I am the VP-General Counsel and Engineering Manager of a
major consulting engineering firm specializing in public safety
communications. Our clients include major governmental agencies which
are heavily invested in redundancy and survivability of their own
systems to the point where they will not have to rely on outside
resources. We don't sell, install, or recommend equipment - we just
design and evaluate their systems and handle all the regulatory
process involved.

I'm just telling it as it is.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane