Old October 29th 11, 09:00 PM
jta jta is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadiscase View Post
Can someone compare the above receivers or direct me to a site that does?
I am interested in buying one of these and need to make a decision of which one does what.
I did look up the reviews on eham. It was good but lacked a bit of comparitive info.
Thanks
The 170 is amateur bands only.
The 145 and 180 are both general coverage; the 145 is double-conversion, the 180 is triple conversion.
The "X" indicates that it has crystal sockets for fixed monitoring.
The "A" means that it has a solid-state rectifier.

If you can get a good price, go for the HQ180A definitely.