Old October 30th 11, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Johnno Johnno is offline

Default Comet CAA-500 thread incompatibility

Thanks for your encouraging reply John, I have since found out that the
Japanese call the PL-259 an "M" connector, and the metric version which I
believe is used universally in Japan is called the "M-J" connector.
Presumably the "J" for Japan.
73
Johnno.

"John Ferrell" wrote in message
Thank you for being considerate and passing the the info along.

I confess to taking the easy way out most of the time so I
automatically think of some kind of hack to manage a workaround.

I have used a a short length of copper tubing and a slightly longer
piece of 1/8" wire or brass tube to adapt worn out PL259's to quick
service. Slit the tube a little and squeeze it for fit. Sometimes use
a stainless hose clamp. Not a "fix" but a workaround for the moment.

Once upon a time a trustworthy manufacturer put out a bunch of PL259
male connectors with out of spec threads. In my case, the antenna
connectors sufferred the most.

Your way is of course, the best way for the future use.