Old October 30th 11, 11:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Comet CAA-500 thread incompatibility

"John Ferrell" wrote in message
Thank you for being considerate and passing the the info along.

I confess to taking the easy way out most of the time so I
automatically think of some kind of hack to manage a workaround.

I have used a a short length of copper tubing and a slightly longer
piece of 1/8" wire or brass tube to adapt worn out PL259's to quick
service. Slit the tube a little and squeeze it for fit. Sometimes use
a stainless hose clamp. Not a "fix" but a workaround for the moment.

Once upon a time a trustworthy manufacturer put out a bunch of PL259
male connectors with out of spec threads. In my case, the antenna
connectors sufferred the most.

I think about 10 or so years ago MFJ put out a lot of equipment, especially
their tuners that had the wrong for America threads on the SO-239s.

One would think that the companies would have corrected that by now.