Old May 4th 04, 02:13 PM
Paul Burridge

Default Electric Fence Energiser

On Tue, 4 May 2004 01:52:17 -0300, Chaos Master
wrote:

A while ago (in February IIRC), in my city there were 2 people killed by
electric fences after they accidentally touched the fence.

The fence was ran directly from 110V mains

Quite a lot of low power toobz are happy to run at 110V plate voltage
(DC of course). The great thing about that happy voltage range of say
80-150V is that you can check for the present of the voltage just by
sticking your fingers between anode and deck. I know I'll get a lot of
abuse for suggesting this, but it works for me!

Disclaimer: Er, but don't try it at home; YMMV; fatalities can occur
at much lower voltages... :-)
--

The BBC: licenced at public expense to spread lies.