Old November 2nd 11, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve Steve is offline

Default World Population Reaches 7 Billion Today

On Oct 31, 9:08*pm, Truth Teller wrote:
On Oct 31, 7:43*pm, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

Only 2.3 billion in 40 years? It's gone up 4 billion in the LAST 40 years..
I would think that it would grow even faster in the next 40, given the
logarithmic nature of the reproduction curve. It took thousands of years to
make it to the first 3 billion, and only 35 or so to make the next 3
billion...

Interesting point you make. I would like to see the metrics being used
for the projection, perhaps something we don't know about is being
factored in. Conspiracy theorists have at it.

As the world get more and more crowded, we'll start killing each other
more frequently and that will slow the population growth.