Old November 3rd 11, 08:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Dave M[_3_] Dave M[_3_] is offline

Default CB to 10M conversion

Padraigh ProAmerica wrote:
Just acquired from an old lady her old CB transceiver. It's rather
old; crystal controlled. Is it feasable to swap out the 27 MHz
crystals and replace them with 10M crystals? Is there a source for
these crystals? And would any major modifications to the rig be
required?

Any info would be appreciated (and yes, I hold a Technician class
license).

Yes, it's quite possible, and in fact, a series of articles was published in
73 Magazine back in the late 70s. Recently, a few kind souls scanned and
made PDF files of the entire run of 73 Magazine. You can Google for 73
magazine download for places tha tthey can be downloaded. Most are Torrent
downloads, and might be the most expedient way to get them. The total
download is nearly 17 GB, so it's not trivial. Single issues range from 15
to 50 MB.
If you can provide the make & model of your CB, I'll check to sse if your
radio was covered. I can extract and email just the article for your radio
if it's covered.

Matter of fact, if you search back through the archives of this list, you'll
find a number of places that you can download from. It was only a few
months ago that this was discussed.
--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net