Old November 4th 11, 02:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
philo philo is offline

Default CB to 10M conversion

On 11/03/2011 12:59 PM, Padraigh ProAmerica wrote:
Just acquired from an old lady her old CB transceiver. It's rather old;
crystal controlled. Is it feasable to swap out the 27 MHz crystals and
replace them with 10M crystals? Is there a source for these crystals?
And would any major modifications to the rig be required?

Any info would be appreciated (and yes, I hold a Technician class
license).

Years ago I actually took an old CB set and bought a crystal for the
lower end of the CW band and used it as a cw transmitter.
Used my HQ-140-X receiver.

Worked fine. When the band was open I worked Japan on it
with an indoor whip antenna!

That was a long time ago and I forgot where I got the crystal
but it could not have been more than few bucks.