Old November 4th 11, 10:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Scott[_4_] Scott[_4_] is offline

Default CB to 10M conversion

On 11-4-2011 02:43, philo wrote:

That was a long time ago and I forgot where I got the crystal
but it could not have been more than few bucks.

Nowadays, a custom crystal could run over $20 from a crystal
manufacturer, so if you need more than 1 or 2 crystals for the
conversion, it's hardly worth it unless you are doing it because you
like to tinker. Probably one of the easiest ways to get on 10M is to
look for a used Ranger/RCI 10M rig or the Uniden HR-2510/2600 or even
the Radio Shack 10M rig. For $75-150 you have a rig with 100 Hz tuning
steps and 25-100W.

Here's a 2600 on eBay that is listed as non-working, but maybe only
because the seller has no way to test it. At least one can see what it
looks like, so if one comes across one at a hamfest...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uniden-HR260...em25690e 066d

Radio Shack 10M rig
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTX-10-Radio...53112715236430

N0EDV