Old November 8th 11, 05:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,misc.legal,rec.radio.shortwave
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Default Canada outlaws hands-free ham radio

Brenda Ann wrote:
"richard" wrote in message

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 11:28:14 +0900, Brenda Ann wrote:

"Bill Graham" wrote in message

Another dumb, unenforceable liberal law. How can they possible know
whether
you are using a hands free transceiver or not? You are driving along
with both hands on the wheel and talking..... For all they know you
are talking to a passenger, or singing along with the music on your
car radio. And why would it be any more dangerous than doing either
one of those two
things? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if it's still that way, but back in the 70's, if you
even wanted to have a car radio in your car, you had to apply for a
special permit at the DMV, and they would levy a tax and stamp your
registration with the approval.

Where was this supposed to have happened? No state ever had such a
law.

Ach... I thought I had mentioned the state. It was Wyoming, and they
certainly did have such a law. I remember the headache when I tried to
register my first car there. I ended up using a pocket transistor
radio on the dash rather than pay the extra money (I was only 18, and
didn't have a lot of disposable income at the time..

There is probably some medical term for, "Fear of new devices". But for sure
there should be one for, "Grabbing an opportuniuty to steal money from the
taxpayers." It is a disease one catches while on the campaigne trail.......