Old November 8th 11, 07:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,misc.legal,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Canada outlaws hands-free ham radio

On Nov 7, 7:51*pm, richard wrote:
On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 11:56:46 +0900, Brenda Ann wrote:
"richard" *wrote in message
.. .

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 11:28:14 +0900, Brenda Ann wrote:

"Bill Graham" *wrote in message
om...

Another dumb, unenforceable liberal law. How can they possible know
whether
you are using a hands free transceiver or not? You are driving along with
both hands on the wheel and talking..... For all they know you are talking
to a passenger, or singing along with the music on your car radio. And why
would it be any more dangerous than doing either one of those two things?

I don't know if it's still that way, but back in the 70's, if you even
wanted to have a car radio in your car, you had to apply for a special
permit at the DMV, and they would levy a tax and stamp your registration
with the approval.

Where was this supposed to have happened? No state ever had such a law.

Ach... I thought I had mentioned *the state. It was Wyoming, and they
certainly did have such a law. I remember the headache when I tried to
register my first car there. I ended up using a pocket transistor radio on
the dash rather than pay the extra money (I was only 18, and didn't have a
lot of disposable income at the time..

Sounds more like a cash strapped city law than a state law.

- There was an unwritten "law" that said
- red cars belonged to the fire dept.

=ERGO= If'n you was in a Red Car/Truck
and was not a Fire {Emergency} Vehicle :
YOU MUST HAVE BEEN SPEEDING [.]
-and- Deserved a Speeding Ticket.