Old November 8th 11, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John S John S is offline

Default Measuring transmission line characteristics

On 11/8/2011 4:15 PM, Owen Duffy wrote:
John wrote in :

The manual for the Fluke generator says it is 50 ohms output Z. I used

Ok, be aware that sometimes that impedance is gauranteed to less than
full output.

If it is 50+j0, then your Vf reading should not change in magnitude with
load variation. If it does change, you have to factor it into the calcs
as in the AN.

I just looked back at some of my data and I see that the Vf changes
slightly with some loads. However, this variation is used in my Excel
spreadsheet to calculate the results. All is according to the HP app note.

John