Old November 11th 11, 02:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Joy Beeson Joy Beeson is offline

Default Scotty, I need more power

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:57:22 EST, Bill Horne
wrote:

I'd like to have some more objective information
available before I spend hundreds of dollars for
freeze-dried or other long-term-storage food supplies.

Times of stress are not a good time to eat strange new food. Stock up
on what you usually eat.

Whenever you see a particularly good buy on something, buy as much of
it as you think you'll use before it spoils. Restock a staple when
you open the last package, not when you empty the last package.

Keep various items at various stages of restocking. (It's all right
to run clear out of chicken when there's plenty of fish and pork.)

The only emergency foods in my house are two cans of evaporated milk
-- which reminds me that it's time to take them to Our Father's House
and buy two more. (I normally have an emergency before their six
months is up.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net