Old November 12th 11, 05:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] crn@NOSPAM.netunix.com is offline

Default Scotty, I need more power

Howard Lester wrote:
Why not just do it right to start with? My gas appliances (furnace, stove,
hot water) are fueled with propane in an underground tank. Yes, propane is
expensive. When I moved to this house my first major purchase was a 10kw
Guardian standby generator hooked to the propane tank. Within 5 days after
the thing was installed, the power went out.... The generator has been a
Godsend out here.

You should be able to run heating and a diesel generator from the same tank
if you choose a boiler which runs on diesel grade rather than kerosene..

g4jci