Old November 14th 11, 06:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
John Davis John Davis is offline

Default Scotty, I need more power

On 11/11/2011 3:04 PM, Phil Kane wrote:
On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 10:12:31 EST, Jeffrey
wrote:

Both propane, gasoline and diesel require electrical service
to run the pumps. And tanks that need to be refilled.

And good luck getting a permit for any decent-sized tank for those
fuels in any residential area. I'm talking about 96-hour capacity,
not a five-gallon Jerry can.

My class A holds 70 gallons of gasoline, Some Diesel Pushers hold 2 or 3
hundred gallons. In both cases a 5,000 watt generator burns less than 1
per hour at normal loads.

Plus, unless the roads are blocked, if you have smaller containers (I
don't recommend jerry cans but Eagle Gas cans are good) you can travel
to where the pumps pump.. The first time I went out for a Generator and
fuel that was only about a one hour drive at freeway speeds (60 miles)
That was blackout 2003 as I recall.

I would love to get that generator back too.. It grew legs amd walked
off on me. If anyone sees a GENRAC 1000 (1KW fully enclosed
traditional generator,, by the way this one compares both in weight,
size, fuel consumption and sound with the Honda EF-2000i) with my call
on it.... Let me (And the Redford Michigan Police) know please.

--
Nothing adds Excitement like something that is none of your business.

-----