Old December 10th 03, 03:35 PM
Alex Flinsch

In article , Fjx1 wrote:

I need to put a hole in the house through new vinyl siding and would like to
know if anyone has a clean neat way to do it. Do they make feedthroughs for
cable as big as RG8? Any suggestions ?

I just drilled a hole thru the siding and mounted an surface mount outdoor
electrical outlet box over the hole. There is a plastic shield over the
outlet box, with large enough cutouts at the bottom forr the coax to pass
thru. The passage into the box is large enough for 2 runs of RG8, and 2 of
RG58.

When I sell the place and move to someplace where bigger and better antennas
can be erected, I will just add an electrical outlet in the box. A simple 15
minute job, and the hole is covered.