Old December 10th 03, 06:31 PM
Tom Bruhns

ospam (Fjx1) wrote in message ...
I need to put a hole in the house through new vinyl siding and would like to
know if anyone has a clean neat way to do it. Do they make feedthroughs for
cable as big as RG8? Any suggestions ?

Should be possible to use standard electrical fittings; half-inch
conduit should fit RG-8 just fine, and you can get all sorts of
bushings and seals for it. The R-S solution with flashing might be
better esthetically.

Reminds me, though, of long ago helping another teen put up a
vertical. He needed to get the RG-58 through the wall, so he went
inside with a .22 rifle and made a hole very quickly. I was surprised
how clean it was, and just the right size. (So another option is to
bore a hole just the right size, sloped down just a bit from the
inside, and caulk around the line once it's in. Beware of insulation
wrapping around the drill bit.)

Cheers,
Tom