Old November 20th 11, 11:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne[_4_] Bill Horne[_4_] is offline

Default Scotty, I need more power

On Sun, 2011-11-20 at 16:01 -0500, Bert wrote:
In Phil Kane
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:26:24 EST, Bill Horne
wrote:

P.S. I'm also curious (although, frankly, it's not that high on my
list) about whether a diesel engine could run alternative fuels like

restaurant grease or the other "green" substitutes for diesel AND
about other hams who have actually done it.

Biodiesel - all the buses here run that. Exhaust smells like
French-fries!

Since this is for off-road use, investigate sources of diesel intended
for farm or other non-highway uses, which will not have the Federal tax
applied.

Please pardon my ignorance, but I always thought that #2 fuel oil /is/
diesel fuel without the road tax. Am I wrong?

73,

Bill, W1AC

(Filter QRM to email me directly)