Old November 23rd 11, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jayson Jayson is offline

Default JB Weld Waterweld and/or Loctite repair epoxy for dipole insulators??

No, according to their website, standard JB Weld and Waterweld are
nonconductive. I have some hardened Waterweld here that I just tested with
the ohmeter and there is no conductivity. They do have a steel reinforced
one thought that would be conductive I suspect.

Why would I want to test this stuff in the microwave?

"Wayne" wrote in message

"Jayson" wrote in message
I recently came across some JB Weld Waterweld and Loctite repair putty. I
have used this two part hand moldable epoxy for various indoor projects
and have met with success on a number of occasions. I am now preparing to
erect a dipole and I am wondering how well this epoxy would work for the
center/ end insulators? My main concerns are UV, weathering and of course
longitudinal strength. Anyone have experiences/ recommendations they can
share?

Thank you.

I thought that one of the parts had some powdered steel or something in
it. Anyway....make a sample and test it in the microwave.