Old November 24th 11, 12:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dave dave is offline

Default JB Weld Waterweld and/or Loctite repair epoxy for dipoleinsulators??

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 09:37:05 -0500, Jayson wrote:

I recently came across some JB Weld Waterweld and Loctite repair putty.
I have used this two part hand moldable epoxy for various indoor
projects and have met with success on a number of occasions. I am now
preparing to erect a dipole and I am wondering how well this epoxy would
work for the center/ end insulators? My main concerns are UV,
weathering and of course longitudinal strength. Anyone have
experiences/ recommendations they can share?

Thank you.

These are cheap enough, eh?

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/antsup/3720.html