Old November 25th 11, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith[_7_] John Smith[_7_] is offline

Default Latest Liberty Net via WB4AIO

On 2011-11-25 08:05, John Smith wrote:
The drug laws were widely sold to the people as, "People are being duped
into becoming addicted."

I've often wondered why it should matter if people did become addicted
(which is far from certain anyway) to something which they can grow on a
kitchen windowsill. Do we worry about people becoming addicted to basil
or parsley?

I have always wondered what kind of logic is at work to make common
plants, given to man by his creator, illegal! Indeed, "government" has
made these plants illegal to the point where just the mere growing,
possession or use will get one SERIOUS time in prisons -- at HIGH costs
to taxpayers. It is insane.

The tendency here is for folk who grow even a very few plants to face
criminal charges, while those caught possessing "personal use"
quantities are only cautioned. This encourages dependency on dealers
while punishing self-sufficiency. When the government's drugs adviser (a
leading academic who's spent most of his career researching recreational
drugs) pointed out the illogicality of their "war on drugs" they fired
him. The WoD is a political jobclub.

We have had drug education for decades. It would be hard to find anyone
who is not aware of the dangers of drugs. I say, if they do no other
crime than to grow and consume these, I don't give a chit!

I'd much rather see the "control freaks" go into psychotherapy and have
their addictions to imprisoning people for growing and consuming these
plants cured!

Or, simply, if you are that concerned what your neighbor is doing,
perhaps you should stop ...

...and you also probably want to see everyone marching in step wearing
identical uniforms and zombie faces...

Actually, I am too busy with my own life to be bothered with much
concern what others are doing, as long as it is no harm to others around
them.

It ****es me off when I have to finally start slapping the childens
hands and telling them to leave the other children alone!

Regards,
JS
The calendar says 2011, the heart says 1776!