Old November 26th 11, 04:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne[_4_] Bill Horne[_4_] is offline

Default Scotty, I need more power

On 11/22/2011 12:37 PM, John Davis wrote:
On 11/20/2011 6:14 PM, Bill Horne wrote:

P.S. Jay Leno remarked that even though Willy Nelson converted his tour
bus to biodiesel, police sniffer dogs were still chasing it, so it
probably didn't smell like French fries.

Police Sniffer dogs are not much attracted to French Fries, and like a
good Ham radio operator can ignore the "noise" or in this case the nose
noise, and smell the Signal (MJ) underneath the fries.

I have had the pleasure of petting a few of those puppies.

They are real nice when you are petting them.. Not so nice when they are
working .

Although it wasn't a "sniffer" dog, a German Shepherd saved my butt once
in Danang: I was an MP, and when I told an Army private that I was
apprehending him, he pulled a shiv. I saw a blur from my right, and the
soldier was on the ground with an Air Force dog's teeth around this
throat. His handler drank for free that night.

OB Ham Radio: dogs used for Search-and-Rescue and crowd-control can
cause problems with Emcom, since some hams aren't qualified to be around
them. This goes back to the issue of training prior to deployment: if
you're not comfortable around dogs, search-and-rescue may be a problem
for you.

73,

Bill, W1AC

--
Bill Horne
(Remove QRM from my address to write to me directly)