Old May 18th 04, 09:01 PM
Steve Nosko

"Joel" wrote in message
That "Steve Nosko" wrote in message

Steve,
Although I didn't figure it out at the time, my Knight-Kit Space

Spanner
circa 1960 had terrible microphonics - very noisy. I cleaned the entire
chassis & rewired it to no avail. Today I suspect a mica cap, the old
square type, since I heard of same thing this some time ago.

Space Spanner.. O'Man, I could only afford the Ocean Hopper.. Man, them
were the days!

Joel AG4QC

Yea! AND, get this, I think I took plates off, or bent some, of the
bandspread cap to reduce its range and calibrated it for 40 M. Every
Saturday morning I'd listen to the same group on SSB talking about their
Collins rigs and inverted Vees.
Wish I still had it and the Knight-Kit crystal set. Had it hooked up to
a loud speaker in my room (course I was in Wood Dale, IL., not too far from
the WBBM and WGN AM transmitters...)
73
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.