Old May 19th 04, 09:58 PM
Radioactive Man

Thanks for the good advice from both you and Dave Platt. I'll try
lowering the volume and see if that has any effect.

There's no power save mode or any +5 KHz switch; the radio is very
simple with just a squelch, volume, and transmitting Hi/Lo switch.
And the thumbdials for the frequency. I experimented with the Hi/Lo
switch just to rule that out too.

I took a look inside the radio and it's all discrete components. The
audio even sounds pretty good (to my ears). And I can transmit
packets from my Yaesu VX-2R to the Icoms from within my apartment with
good decoding.

Can I build a simple filter that removes everything except 1200/2200Hz
tones?

Mike