Old May 20th 04, 01:44 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

Fred McKenzie wrote:
per card. There is also the issue of inkjet prints fading over time. Cards
from a print shop may eventually fade, but not nearly as fast (unless your
printer uses pigment-based ink).

The QSLs I received from my first QSOs 30 years ago are surviving nicely.

Ironically, the newer cards aren't doing nearly as well.

Mostly, the problem seems to have to do with computer-printed report
forms and stickers. The ink on dot-matrix ribbons seems to be rather
susceptible to fading. And more than one QSL with the report form
printed on a mailing label seems to have lost its label.

Ink-jet printing also seems susceptible to damage from moisture. Get a
bit of water on it, and who knows what'll come out!
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66