Old December 7th 11, 02:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default Feedline suggestions?

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message

"Wayne" wrote in
:

For clarification, there are two antennas. One is a bugcatcher type
whip covering 40, 30, and 20. That part of the "farm" is working
well. and requires no tuner.

===
I am using a whip antenna mounted on a metal patio cover. Results are
good
on 10 and 12 meters, and contacts have been made down to 40 meters.
(Matches were not obtained on 15 or 30 meters) The whip is 8.5 ft long
(a
longer whip is under consideration). It is fed through an antenna tuner
and
about 25 feet of RG-58. I'm about to replace that with RG-8.
===

No mention of loading coils, other antennas and you make specific
mention of using this antenna on 40m (QSOs offered as evidence,
notwithstanding that EIRP is probably very low due to extreme line loss
as calculated in another post).

If you can't express the scenario clearly, the advice you get is even
less reliable!

Owen

-
You are right. I should have simply asked "how does one lower real world
transmission line loss when the VSWR is high", and skipped the commentary.