Old May 25th 04, 11:00 PM
Smog

www.jbphonetech.info
"mike" wrote in message
news:rgPsc.355$3s5.354@newsfe4-win...
is it really that stuffed?

mike

Its "tripping" Mike ? Ive studied the schematics and its a little beyond
me, normally |I can suss most faults out but this one is a right pig. I
have totally disconnected the PSU from the rest of the radio and on switch
on it will just sit there and produce 13.5 and 24v but you put a load on the
24v output and it seems to trip and you have to disconnect the mains and
leave it for a while or discharge the caps until it will work again. In the
rig, with it all wired correctly, you wind up the power and again it trips
and you have to leave it to "reset" ???
Can anyone shed any light ?
If anyone wishes me to send them a file of the PSU schematic then please let
me know.
Thanks.
--

Jim Burrill (Smogthemog)