Old December 11th 11, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann[_2_] Brenda Ann[_2_] is offline

Default SW8 audio issue

"Joe from Kokomo" wrote in message ...

On 12/11/2011 7:05 AM, Brenda Ann wrote:
My SW8 has recently developed an audio issue. It plays for a few seconds
to a minute or so, then the audio just suddenly dies. I can still get
audio out the line out jack, but nothing from the speaker or headphones.
I strongly suspect the LA4555 output IC, but I would love to be able to
do some signal tracing to make sure the problem doesn't lie further up
the audio chain. Does anyone have, or know where I can find, a schematic
or service manual for the SW8?

Yes, BAMA has it (for free) at this URL:

bama.edebris.com

Choose "drake" and then "SW8"

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Alas, BAMA has only the user manual, which I already found, and does not
have a schematic.