Old December 14th 11, 11:17 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith[_9_] John Smith[_9_] is offline

Default Building a new shortwave tube radio

On 12/14/2011 1:38 PM, NT wrote:

Its usually the manufacturer that introduces a new line, consumers can
only buy from what's available.

NT

Exactly, right up to and including the death of radio ... people still
buy a seperate TV, then a stereo, etc.

I don't, my computer is now my TV and stereo ... a few years ago I had
an am/fm radio on a pci card in a computer, it was never "great" but
lead for me to await the development of better ... none has come.
Everyone I had shown it to wanted one, and many ordered and some are
still using them, in my family ...

So, I use my Flex for listening (www.flex-radio.com), and wait, and wait
.... I now think radio is going to have to die and "be rediscovered" ...
but we will see ...

But, the one device for every purpose is as dead as I can make it in my
house ...

Regards,
JS