Old December 15th 11, 09:27 AM
Eldred ZS1DJ Eldred ZS1DJ is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wood View Post
I have somewhere along the line of many years of collecting stuff acquired
two new Hy-Gain 40M antenna traps or coils assemblies that are marked as
40M-ASSY-877234. The devices are 44" long and approximately 1-1/2 inch in
diameter. I have to assume they were intended for a 40M beam or rotatable
dipole antenna. Does anyone have any information on these or suggestions
for utilizing them in a 40M rotatable, single element antenna design. I
hate to just keep them lying around but not sure what to do with them at
this time.

Bob Wood
W5QCP
Alamogordo, NM
Hi Bob
This is my first posting here so I hope it's readable :-)
I too, have exactly the same traps and have no info on them :-(
I really would like to put them to use as I don't have much yard space to take on a full size 40m dipole. Ideally I would need to know what length of wire is needed on either side of the traps ? Hope you (and others), read my plea of help.
Kind regards
Eldred ZS1DJ
Email:
Skype: ellyboy56