Old December 12th 03, 01:48 PM
k4wge

(Art Unwin KB9MZ) wrote in message om...
(k4wge) wrote in message snip

the first reported fractal small
antenna that improves the features of some classical antennas in terms
of bandwidth, resonance frequency and radiation resistance. Whether
such antennas are bounded to the fundamental limits on small antennas
is still a topic under investigation.

Sir, I found this interesting reading especially the fact that Fractals
are now made commercialy
.However the last sentence above above peeked my interest,
What exactly is meant in its entirety the following statement
" the fundermental limits on small antennas"?

TIA
Art

These references are relevant to topic:

H.A.Wheeler, "Fundamental Limitations of Small Antennas," Proc. IRE,
pp. 1479-1488. December, 1947.

L.J.Chu, "Physical Limitations on omni-directional antennas",
J.Appl.Phys., vol. 19, pp.1163-1175, December 1948

R.C.Hansen, "Fundamental Limitations in Antennas", Proc. IEEE, vol.69,
no.2, February 1981.

J.S. McLean, "A Re-Examination of the Fundamental Limits on the
Radiation Q of Electrically Small Antennas", IEEE Trans. on Antennas
and Propagation, Vol.44, no.5, May 1996.

Cohen, (Unsigned) "Fractal Antenna White Paper", Fractal Antenna
Systems, Inc., 1999.

W.A. Davis, W.L. Stutzman, and E.D. Caswell, "Fundamental Limits on
Small Antennas," URSI Radio Science Meeting (Salt Lake City, UT), July
2000. (Paper 00-10)