Old June 1st 04, 03:51 PM
Odd Erling N. Eriksen

Odd Erling N. Eriksen wrote:

My question, then, is the following: In what way is it likely that this
affects the operation of the PA?

-First you post, then you start thinking...

I assume the ferrites are ordinary ferrite beads - not some special kind of
resistor. The ohmic value written in the datasheet then, is the impedance
at the operating frequency, whereas the DC resistance of same will be near
zero ohms.

Thus, the ferrites are not as much for preventing noise from entering the
PA chip, as they are to prevent noise from _leaving_ the PA.

Am I right?

--
73 de LB1LF

Odd Erling, ARK

This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.