Old December 18th 11, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith[_9_] John Smith[_9_] is offline

Default DING DONG THE CFL BULB WITCH IS DEAD

On 12/18/2011 11:01 AM, Ernie wrote:
For once the nitwits in Kongress got it right. The omnibus bill passed
Fri killed the
stupid CFL bulb they were trying to cram down out throats. If only
they'd had some
balls before they crammed the stupid digital tv system down our throats
2 years ago.

Hmmm, well, I am past caring, I went all cheap CFL's from the dollar
store and a couple of daylight quality ones in important places,
reading, plants, etc.

Now, going to LEDs ... my bill has dropped a noticeable amount ...

But, no law is really necessary, just the energy savings is going to
move people off of incandescent bulbs, quick enough ...

Regards,
JS