Old December 20th 11, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith[_9_] John Smith[_9_] is offline

Default DING DONG THE CFL BULB WITCH IS DEAD

On 12/20/2011 7:00 AM, Ernie wrote:
PUH-LEEZE don't use ANYTHING Bush did as any argument "in-favor." I
could list you MANY reasons if freedom of speech existed anymore.

If you are even able to see that much of a difference on your electric
bill YOU ARE LEAVING TOO DAMN MANY LIGHTS ON in your house. Why don't
you turn a light off when you leave the room?

You get the leaders talking out of both sides of their mouths about
"going green" to cut down on THEIR OWN usage and then we'll debate.

Well, maybe so...

...but you DID dodge the question

Actually, you can buy a watt meter at lowes, homedepot or most any
hardware store near you, plug in a 100w incandescent, do your
measurements, plug in a fluorescent, do your measurements ... then
compute costs based on the price of electricity per/KW on your bill ...

We have also put everything on timers to avoid hitting peak times, we
basically "go dark" at peak and then back on after ... wife does
laundry, run dishwasher, showers, etc., always off peak times ...

If you don't think you can make one hell of a dent in your power bill,
think again, and fluorescent/LEDs are a part of that difference ...
unless you live in a tent and use but a single light bulb ...

Also, we have split our appliance between natural gas and electricity,
so we never exceed the allotted cubic feet and KW/hrs. Of course, if I
worked for the power company, I might advise others to use more. lol

Regards,
JS