Old December 20th 11, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith[_9_] John Smith[_9_] is offline

Default DING DONG THE CFL BULB WITCH IS DEAD

On 12/19/2011 9:30 PM, Steve wrote:
I personally would never consider using incandescent bulbs again. I
switched to CFL bulbs a long time ago. I can't really even remember
the last time I had to replace one. They last soooo much longer! They
do not generate any (ANY) RFI, even when they're in close proximity to
your radio gear. The law can say anything it likes so far as I'm
concerned....just so long as it doesn't make it harder for me to get
CFL bulbs!

Well, the first/cheap fluorescent were a real RFI problem for me, proper
filters on my lines cut this to acceptable ... however, these days the
new RFI have to be very close to my am radio for the noise to be picked
up by its' ferrite loopstick. Seems to me they have "fixed" the
problem, least as far as I am concerned ... but then, I am still running
the filters on my lines because the wife just loves room light dimmers
.... these were always my biggest RFI problem ... probably should look to
see if there are quieter ones available ...

Regards,
JS