Old December 21st 11, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
kb2zgn kb2zgn is offline

Default Off Topic Furnace Question ??

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:53:51 -0500, " Tuuk" wrote:

Bingo

You are absolutely right. There is a reset button hidden between those two
terminals in the upper limit switch in that heat chamber.

Wow, nothing I read in my manuals said anything about that reset button. And
I paid a technician to come in and diagnose what was wrong, he told me to
clean out the condensing housing there, re-silicone that as that may be
clogged up but it wasn't and I did that. He also told me he was 99% sure it
was a failed board and for him to replace was 300 plus the board, I
purchased a board for 80 and did it myself and dam, same problem existed.

Excellent. Sorry I didn't see the thread sooner, it would have saved a lot of
time and money. You will probably want to keep the board. Most places won't
accept returns on electrical parts. It's too easy for someone to swap their
defective part for the new one and try to return it. People try that more often
than you would believe.

It's not surprising that the "technician" told you it was the timer board. Look
at what it cost, and what he was going to charge for it. In most areas, there is
no licensing or certification necessary at all for someone to repair furnaces.
If someone presents you with an expensive repair estimate, always get a second
opinion. It might be worth the price of a service call to discover that you
really don't need it after all. Ask family, friends and neighbors who they use,
how many times they had to call them, and were they satisfied.

Glad I could be of help.

Bob KB2ZGN