Old December 21st 11, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith[_9_] John Smith[_9_] is offline

Default DING DONG THE CFL BULB WITCH IS DEAD

On 12/20/2011 10:22 PM, MotoFox wrote:
And it came to pass that John Smith delivered the following message unto
the people, saying~

I never have liked "warm white", always preferred "cool white" and now
that daylight bulbs are just as cheap, I prefer them also, so does the
wife ... and the dim-able fluorescent are nice for room lighting.

Yeah, I pretty much have to use "warm white" or "soft white" myself, in
the one lamp where I actually *do* have a compact fluorescent unit
installed (my "tech lab" outpost, in my Mum's basement.) I find they're
better for reading under than the "daylight" ones, which are a bit too
harsh for my almost 29-year old eyes.

On the other hand, Mum uses the "daylight" lights in the outside fixtures,
and they seem to work great out there.....

You make an excellent point, when I was younger, I could almost read a
newspaper in the dark of night ...

I think as you get older, you will appreciate the daylight bulb for work
.... wife uses them for knitting, quilting and crochet -- to the
exclusion of any and all others ... I have made a high power blue white
LED light attached to her sewing machine, she also likes it ...
especially with a black or dark thread on dark material.

Regards,
JS