Old December 26th 11, 01:00 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] rrusston@hotmail.com is offline

Default Building a new shortwave tube radio

On Dec 19, 10:26*pm, Mike S wrote:
On 11/10/2011 9:52 PM, wrote:

* With the survivalist market as well as the DIYers who would build a
kit I have given thought to the idea of building a new tube shortwave
receiver as a usable, practical set.

snip
Any other comments?

Here's a somewhat related discussion:

http://www.survivalblog.com/2011/06/...r_prepper.html

The author here is definitely an eccentric but he has some good
ideas. Like the late Mel Tappan, whom I knew as a kid and whom he
references frequently, he simply has no idea that 90% of even the
small minority perceptive and future-oriented enough to be interested
in what he has to say does not have the unlimited funds that would be
required to implement some of what he discusses.