Old December 27th 11, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
John Davis John Davis is offline

Default ARRL and the NTSB recommendation on drivers and electronic devices

On 12/21/2011 8:06 AM, Alan wrote:

No method of checking the antenna match exists on the mobile rigs
I have seen. Hard to check it.
Alan
wa6azp

Both the Ham HF Mobile I know best (Kenwood TS-2000) and one of my CB's
(I have several for some reaons.. actually I know why, but only one)
have built in SWR meters.. on the TS-2000 there is also one-touch
antenna matching provided you are using a compatible antenna.

That said, the TS-2000 is around 15-20 feet from the driver's seat in
this motorized house. And I never do SWR checks on the CB when
driving. Not that the antenna is adjustable from there.

MANY ham rigs now days have built in tuners and meters by the way.

--
Nothing adds Excitement like something that is none of your business.

-----