Old January 8th 12, 09:16 PM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

We don't have all the information here, but the Cleat idea is a good one.

With my G5RV antenna, I have it mounted to the side of the house on a jib boom - 10' away from the side of the house, with a continuous piece of nylon rope and a pulley and a cleat. Pull the center of the antenna up to the top of the boom, tie off. Job done!

Ends are tied to the porcelain insulator with about 6 feet of rope, going to a eye hook on top of 2 - twelve foot tall pieces of 1 inch galvanized pipe, which is pulled taunt on a cleat, but the top of the pole is tied to two ground stakes at 45* angles from the wire coming from the antenna.

Antenna wire pulls the pole towards the wire, ropes to ground stakes pulls top of pipe back and puts pressure on the wire coming from the center of the antenna on the jib boom.

Stake in ground holds mast up, and ground stakes holds it in place - along with the antenna wire itself.

You can use rope, parachute cord, high test fishing line - 50 lbs test, what ever you want.