Old January 8th 12, 06:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default Yaesu Question on topic???

" Tuuk" wrote in message ...

Hi
Thanks for the responding.

What RF would be causing that near my home's Smart Meter, that new meter
they installed on my home. Are they transmitting the information from that
meter? Wow, when I go near that the FT530 is useless. Should I tell the
electrical supplier to ground that thing or replace it or something? Seems
anything that goes near there is interferred with including mobile phone.

Another side question, do you know a online dealer who sells replacement
batteries for that? I would like the FNB 27 with NMHD. I did a search and
found some that were 40 or 50 dollars plus shipping. If someone knows a
trustworthy source that is economical please let me know the link, thanks

Just about anything that generates an RF signal will also generate noise
around that signal. The noise is supposed to be so weak that it doesn't
travel far to interfere with other devices. Your handheld is most likely
close enough to pick up that noise, and it is "in band" to the receiver.