Old January 9th 12, 01:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tuuk[_3_] Tuuk[_3_] is offline

Default Yaesu Question on topic???

Radio Frequency, a electro magnetic field from 3khz to 300ghz.

This RF is a specific freq? RF could just be a general statement, meaning
anything RF. So if your voice is about 10000 to 20,000 hz to which then dogs
pick up just higher,

RF ?? What a broad statement.

So what about the batteries? Anyone got success or bad luck with a online
dealer? I see them on ebay for about 40 bucks, shipped, seems about fair for
a 12v.

"Baron" wrote in message
Helmut Wabnig Inscribed thus:

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 09:15:25 -0500, " Tuuk"
wrote:

Hi

I have the Yaesu FT530 handheld two meter and 70cm with battery.

The unit is very sensitive. For example, when ever I hold the unit
near some devices such as my smart meter, all frequencies show
receiving massive amounts of fuzz. When I hold near my phone (Northern
Telecom phone with many lines and displays) it also shows full
strength noise. Holding too close to the TV also, but other areas away
from these things nothing.

What is this unit receiving that would cause it to go useless? Is it
measuring radiation? IMF? RF? Gama? Alpha? Sigma? Cilium? Iodine? EMF?
When I put it near the granit rocks on my sauna heater it shows a
small reading of something, I heard there is radiation in rocks.

Any ideas what the interference is that I am picking up?

It is an older unit I know, are the newer ones this sensitive to area
noise?

Any ideas what this is receiving from these devices or appliances that
is making me curious?

Thanks again hams for any advice,,,

73

The effects you describe are normal, nothing paranormal involved,
no Aliens, no brain control and no health danger.
Every radio does buzz and crackle
when brought into electromagnetic dirt.

w.

FWIW I have a cell tower about 100ft away with an 'if' at 144.000Mhz and
can hear what are probably many conversations going on at once. The
cell operators couldn't care less that it makes the bottom of the band
unusable for me !

--
73s
Best Regards: