Old January 11th 12, 02:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default Antenna tuner/Smith chart question

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message

"Wayne" wrote in
:

Many years ago, I might have been able to somehow deduce cable losses
from a Smith chart, but nowadays I just use the published curves.

***

The Smith chart solution I described in my earlier post works for
arbitrary line lengths, and properly reveals the cases where loss under
standing waves is less than matched line loss. TLLC
(http://www.vk1od.net/calc/tl/tllc.php) also calculates the loss
correctly for arbitrary line lengths.

Owen
-
Great link, Owen. I have it bookmarked and will do some playing around with
it.
Wayne
W5GIE