Old January 12th 12, 03:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tuuk[_3_] Tuuk[_3_] is offline

Default Yaesu Question on topic???

Hi again,

I am sorry for stirring up a hornets nest here, I didn't expect some of the
negative comments, maybe I will try answering my own question through
google,

Do rocks give off radiaton,

Certainly they do, to whoever it was who suggested I was ignorant or should
not work with batteries because I asked the question, I wanted to know the
type of radiation, level of harm, especially on my sauna rocks, well the
answer is yes.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_rocks_give_off_radiation

http://www.epa.gov/radiation/radionuclides/radium.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_ray_logging

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_rocks_give_off_radiation

http://www.furryelephant.com/content...und-radiation/

http://www-formal.stanford.edu/jmc/p...radiation.html

Second part of my own question was about my new smart meter they put on my
home. My FT530 goes off the chart when I am near it, I asked why and if the
radiation or RF from there was serious. I will answer my own question
through google.

Yes, Smart meters give off a lot of radiation and it is serious.

http://www.electricalpollution.com/smartmeters.html

http://electricsense.com/2225/smart-...you-must-know/

http://www.youaretheanswer.ca/radiat...s/smartmeters/

But basically sometimes some of you give a wonderful rant on the topic, I
enjoy very much from a Hams point of view. Very logical, very interesting,
usually right on and usually intelligent. And usually accurate. So I asked
the question

Why some fling the mud? Maybe you just wanna argue or rag chew or whatever,
but the Hams I always knew were most eager to help, most eager to share
their knowledge on the topic, and I still know a lot who are like this.

I still would like to hear some Ham's opinion on these topics, there is no
geological newsgroup that is active, already tried, so those chunks of
beautiful granite I have on my sauna heater came from deep below the earth's
surface in Northern Ontario and my 530 does show activitiy when near them,
not near as much as the smart meter, I know it is sensitive. And I know it
is small amounts of RF, so just curious

73

" Tuuk" wrote in message
Hi

I have the Yaesu FT530 handheld two meter and 70cm with battery.

The unit is very sensitive. For example, when ever I hold the unit near
some devices such as my smart meter, all frequencies show receiving
massive amounts of fuzz. When I hold near my phone (Northern Telecom phone
with many lines and displays) it also shows full strength noise. Holding
too close to the TV also, but other areas away from these things nothing.

What is this unit receiving that would cause it to go useless? Is it
measuring radiation? IMF? RF? Gama? Alpha? Sigma? Cilium? Iodine? EMF?
When I put it near the granit rocks on my sauna heater it shows a small
reading of something, I heard there is radiation in rocks.

Any ideas what the interference is that I am picking up?

It is an older unit I know, are the newer ones this sensitive to area
noise?

Any ideas what this is receiving from these devices or appliances that is
making me curious?

Thanks again hams for any advice,,,

73