Old January 13th 12, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default Yaesu Question on topic???

On 1/11/2012 8:55 AM, Tuuk wrote:
David

snip

Are you the same chap who said to me that rocks don't emit radiaton?
Well in fact they do, they do so much to a degree that it is a well
known fact, while I am not sure if it is gamma, alpha, etc etc or what,
but I know they do. Because you said " Anyone who thinks he's picking up
radiation from rocks on his HT
probably shouldn't be messing around with batteries, it might be a bit
over your head.""

That is what you said David, and you were wrong, because all rocks
coming out of the ground do emit certain forms of radiation, I recommend
you google that. There you go David, you are not as smart as you set
yourself out to be.

As all EME operators know, ok not most of the new digital only types,
dirt and rocks emit PLENTY of RF. So much that EME array design takes
it into account. On 432 and up it is a major problem.

No, an HT won't notice, but a barely halfway decent noise figure
receiver on 432 will.

tom
K0TAR