Old January 21st 12, 01:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ben / SM0KBW Ben / SM0KBW is offline

Default Parabolic reflector

Jeff Liebermann skrev 2012-01-20 06:19:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:22:26 +0100, Ben / wrote:

Yes I've thought about single curved parabolic reflectors as you
describe, but it would give polarization in one plane only and the
standard is circular polarization for EME at 23cm.

Nope. As long as the width of the antenna is 1/2 wave or larger, it
will work with CP. I don't think that there's any way such a
reflector can convert circular polarization into elliptical (but I'm
not sure).

Are we talking about the same type of reflector?
I'm thinking about a Parabolic
Trough:http://www.solar-facts.com/light-con...-reflector.php

I thought that this type of reflector just have one polarization plane?

73
Ben / SM0KBW