Old January 22nd 12, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
i3hev, mario i3hev, mario is offline

Default Looking for one low-power tube modulation transformer

Mark Zenier wrote:

One technique was to use only the primary of a center tapped (push pull)
audio output transformer. ...

I tried it (many years ago, when I was a boy...) but it doesn't work
well: most push-pull output transformers are designed for a null total
cc flux (currents in the two halves of primary winding should be equal
and opposite) and, when driven in single-ended, the core saturates and
severe degradation of audio response occurs.

--
73 es 51 de i3hev, op. mario

Non è Radioamatore, se non gli fuma il saldatore!
- Campagna 2006 "Il Radioamatore non è uno che ascolta la radio"

it.hobby.radioamatori.moderato
http://digilander.libero.it/hamweb
http://digilander.libero.it/esperantovenezia